Campus History

In its 57-year history, Frederick Community College has grown from 77 students to more than 17,000 students registered this past year in the academic and continuing education & workforce development divisions. Started in 1957 as an evening school, FCC moved from Frederick High School to 520 North Market Street, and finally, in 1970, to its permanent home on Opossumtown Pike.

520 North Market Street - Downtown Frederick, MD


first FCC campus