1. How do I reset my network password?
To reset your password, visit the FCC Password Management Site at https://password.frederick.edu. If you know your username and current password, simply log into the system and select the “Change Password” option on the main menu. If you have forgotten your password, or your password has expired, select “Reset your FCC Password” and provide the system with the requested authentication information as prompted.
Things you need to know in order to reset your password:
- Minimum Password Length: 12 characters.
- Maximum Password Age: 6 months (i.e. you will be required to change your password every 6 months)
- Complexity requirements: Your password must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numeric digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Adjuncts may also request their password be reset in person by visiting in to the IT Service Desk office. Users will be required to show a valid FCC employee issued ID or a valid driver’s license. After the password is reset, users should change the password on next login.
2. How do I forward my FCC email to an external email account?
(Note: if you do not select this, nothing sent to your Outlook email account will be saved in your FCC mailbox)
- Log into your Outlook email account using the Outlook Web login.
- Click on the Settings gear in the upper right-hand of your screen.
- Select "Options".
- Within Options, click on the "Forwarding" link on the left-hand side of your screen.
(Note: if “Forwarding” does not appear immediately, select the drop down arrow beside the “Mail” tab to expand the Options, and then select the drop down arrow beside the “Accounts” tab to display the “Forwarding” tab)
- Under the "Forwarding" heading, select “Start forwarding”, and enter your external email address.
- Check the “Keep a copy of forwarded messages” box.
- Select “Save” at the top of the “Forwarding” header.
3. How do I configure Outlook on my mobile phone?
If you have previously added your FCC email account to your device, you will have to remove your existing FCC account and then re-add it. When you go through the process of adding a new email account to your device, select the Exchange email type (not Outlook.com). You should only need to enter your email address and network password. Most iOS and Android devices will auto-detect the settings immediately. If your device prompts you for a server name, it will be outlook.office365.com.
Please note that we do not offer support for individual mobile devices. If you are unable to make the proper adjustments to your settings, we recommend you get help from your cell provider or the phone's manufacturer.
4. How do I get a free copy of Microsoft Office?
You can download Microsoft Office from your FCC email:
- Once logged into your FCC email account, select the Settings gear icon in the upper right corner of Outlook Web App.
- From the Settings list, select Office 365 settings.
- Once inside the Office 365 settings, select Software.
- Once on the Software page, select Office and click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
*Please note that we are unable to offer support for personal computers. If you are unable to complete, or experience issues with the installation, we recommend contacting Microsoft directly.
5. How do I request a new employee network account?
Supervisors, office managers, department chairs, and VPs may request network accounts for new employees at least one week prior to their first day of employment through service desk. Please follow the below instructions:
- Login to Service Desk https://servicedesk.frederick.edu
- Complete the appropriate account request form located in the Service Desk – Request Catalog.
- From Request Catalog, navigate to “Network account/network access” and then select and complete the “New hire” form.
- Submit your request.
- Supervisors will receive an email with the network account information for their new direct report.
6. How do I request phone or voicemail for new employees?
Supervisors, office managers, department chairs, and VPs may request a desk phone and voicemail for new employees at least one week prior to their first day of employment through service desk. Please follow the below instructions:
- Please complete the appropriate request form located in the Service Desk – Request Catalog.
- From Request Catalog, navigate to “Phones or Voicemail” and then select and complete the “Request New Desk Phone”.
- Supervisors will receive an email with phone and extension assignment information for their new direct report.
7. How do I request new computer equipment or software? (PC, mouse, monitor...)
Supervisors, office managers, department chairs, and VPs, and authorized staff may request new hardware purchases. To do so, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the appropriate “Purchase Order” form located in the Service Desk – Request Catalog.
- From Request Catalog, navigate to “Purchase Order/Hardware or Software” and then select and complete the request form.
- Submit the form.
- You will be contacted for further details as needed.
8. How do I cancel staff network access?
Supervisors are required to complete and submit a ticket request to end Network access for direct reports whose employment has voluntary ended and/or has been terminated.
- Complete the appropriate “Employee Resignation” form located in the Service Desk – Request Catalog.
- From Request Catalog, navigate to “Network account/network access” and then select and complete the “Employee Resignation” form.
- Submit the completed form.
9. How do I request an office move?
Please complete the appropriate request form located in the Service Desk – Request Catalog.
From Request Catalog, navigate to “Office Moves/Room Setup Request” and then select and complete the “Space Management Request Form”. This will ensure your move request is scheduled and handled by the appropriate Facilities Planning group.
10. How do I order toner & printer service?
IT does not handle printer toner. Depending on the printer there are different ways to get a replacement cartridge. If the front of the printer has a square white, silver, and blue HP (Hewlett Packard) sticker, then that means the computer is on a managed print contract. To obtain toner for a printer with an HP sticker then you will need to call the number on the sticker and let them know you need a new toner cartridge.
If the printer does not have an HP sticker then that means the printer has not yet been migrated to the contract and you should contact your office manager for a replacement toner cartridge.
11. How do I get access to multiple network drives?
IT does not make decisions about granting individuals shared drive access. Network access requests and changes are initiated by managers, directors, AVPs, and VPs. Please contact your appropriate supervisor so they can place a request to grant you access.
12. Can former employees have network access?
Former employees are not given access back to network resources. The only exception is if they have emeritus status and they have elected to keep their email account active. In the case of employees who have resigned and/or have been terminated, if there is unfinished business with the department or the college and/or there where assignments where other current employees need to finish or take over, then temporary access to the former employee’s network account, network drive, or email may be given to the office manager, chair/supervisor, or division VP. However, a formal authorized request is required.
13. How do I reset the FCC Alert password?
In order to reset your FCC alert password, go to www.frederick.edu and click on “Faculty & Staff” near the top right of the page. Then select the FCC Alert link from the center menu bar. Once on the FCC Alert login page, click the “forgot password” link to reset your account.
Please note, your username for FCC Alert does not have to be the same as your network username for other FCC systems. Users have the option of creating their own username and password when signing up for FCC alerts.
If you forgot your username, you can also select the “forgot username” link from the FCC Alert login page. The system will provide you with your login information based on the mobile number or email address associated with your account.
14. How do I clear my cache and cookies?
- Open Chrome
- On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome Menu on the top right of the browser window.
- Point to More Tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the “Clear browsing data” box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site and plugin data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Choose the Beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Close the Google Chrome window and reopen.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the upper right corner, click on the small gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
- Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes. (Form data, Password, and inPrivate Filtering data boxes may be left un-checked. You can also check them to delete this data if you choose)
- Click Delete.
- When finished, click OK and return to your Internet Explorer window.
Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.