Proctoring Services and Certifications
The Testing Center offers proctoring services for all distance-learning courses from other colleges, as well as professional certification exam proctoring and test proctoring services for local employers. FCC is also an open testing site for College Level Exam (CLEP) and DSST exams. CLEP and DSST exams are done by appointment only.
External Test Candidates, Educational Institutions, and Test Vendors are encouraged to call the Testing Center at 301.846.2522 or email
our proctoring services team.
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Please speak with a Testing Center employee if you have a question about this notice.
All students completing professionally proctored exams are required to pay all associated fees prior to testing. Note that each type of exam has its own fee structure, and that some require vouchers to be purchased through external vendors (Pearson, ETS-CLEP, Prometric-DSST) prior to administration. When you set up an appointment to take your exam, our staff will advise you of any charges. Payment is required prior to taking an exam. Only exact cash will be accepted. Candidates who need change will be referred to the Cashiers Office. You will need to contact the student accounts office in order to be refunded for a cash payment.
FCC’s Testing Center is an open testing location for both College Level Examination Programs (CLEP) and DSST College Credit By Examination Exams. These tests are administered by appointment only. Pre-registration with CLEP is required before contacting the FCC Testing Center.
The most common proctoring services we offer are:
• CLEP exams, find out more here
• CLEP Candidates must register for an exam and create a CLEP account.
• A Copy of the CLEP Examination Ticket and non-refundable 30$ fee must be received by the Testing Center BEFORE an appointment will be made.
• After you have registered with CLEP, submitted a copy of your exam ticket, and paid your proctoring fee… call 301/846.2522 to schedule your appointment.
• Please note that CLEP candidates must produce TWO VALID PHOTO IDs on the date of their test.
• DSST exams, find out more here
• DSST Candidates are not required to register prior to testing.
• A non-refundable $30 proctoring fee must be received by the testing center, along with your name and phone number, before an appointment can be scheduled for DSST. Each DSST candidate is required to bring a valid credit-card on the date of your test (to pay the 80$ exam fee to the DSST company.)
• Castle based Industry Certification exams, find out more here
• Proctored Placement Testing (for other colleges and universities).
• Proctored Online Certifications or Exam-Credit Certificates.
• Proctored Board Certifications (For Allied Health, Finance, IT, Frederick Government, and other (exams).
• International Exams (Primarily for the University of London and IBD exams).
• Contracted Exams for private firms (local and national).
• Community College Workforce Alliance Certifications.
• Local Government Services Certification Exams.
In keeping with the mission and values of a learning college, FCC’s Testing Center does its best to accommodate the teaching, testing, and continuing education needs of all members of our community and region. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate for every exam, which is almost always due to technology or contract related challenges. If we aren’t able to accommodate your testing needs, we’ll provide you with details on our partners in the Maryland College Testing Association who may be able to assist you.