Multicultural Student Services
Multicultural Student Services (MSS) provides a comprehensive support program that consists of academic planning, counseling, mentoring, leadership development, and dynamic cross-cultural experiences to ensure the successful transition to college and completion of a college degree or certificate.
This office offers additional support to students who may be experiencing academic challenges, having difficulty adjusting to the college environment, or just need a little extra support. Our experienced advisors and our wide variety of workshops and activities provide something beneficial for all students.
- Assist students with academic planning and guidance to successfully complete college courses and achieve students’ academic goals.
- Involve students in dynamic cross-cultural experiences to increase cultural competence and cultural appreciation.
- Develop leadership skills through participation in leadership activities and programs.
The Big 6 Program is designed to address and support the needs of men of color at FCC. Weekly workshops and activities focus on the six key values of the program: academic excellence, civic responsibility, self-awareness, leadership, endurance, and hope. These activities aim to enhance academic development and life training to improve academic achievement at FCC and in the Frederick community.
The Elite 8 Program is designed to address and support the needs of women of color at FCC. Our mission is to develop a sisterhood amongst women of various backgrounds to foster a positive environment as they seek to define their female identity. This is an opportunity to create and strengthen connections for women. Weekly workshops and activities focus on the eight principles of the program: academic excellence, positive self-image, perseverance, sisterhood, confidence, community service, leadership, and healthy relationships.
Partnership to Achieving Student Success (PASS)
PASS is a yearlong comprehensive support program that provides recent high school graduates with transitional and academic support during their first year of college. This program is intended to foster academic success for students who have:
- Placement into one or more supportive/college-readiness courses and/or
- Those who may have test exemptions but would like support during their first year of college.
It features four distinct services: summer bridge academy, college success workshops, a winter bridge program, and academic advising support.
Application deadline is July 20, 2020.
Multicultural Student Services Career Program Scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Speak English as a second language and/or demonstrate an economic disadvantage.
- Be enrolled in a career program at FCC.
The deadline to apply for the Scholarship has passed.
For more information, contact us at: [email protected].
View All Events