At Frederick Community College, our aim is transformation through education. The skills, training, competencies, and education we provide ensure that our graduates are able to equitably participate in our society, our economy, and our democracy. The BIG goal is to help students live the lives they want to lead. The impact we make is profound and extends beyond the individuals we serve, reaching families, the larger community, the state, and the world. It all starts with having right people, in the right positions, with the right skills and abilities, doing the right things right.
The Provost and Vice President for Teaching, Learning, and Student Success (VPTLSS) is the College’s senior academic officer, reporting directly to and serving as strategic thought partner to the President. The VPTLSS is a contributing member of the College's Senior Leadership Team. This professional effectively works within a highly-collaborative, interdependent, matrix organization and is responsible for helping to cultivate a culture of inquiry and evidence resulting in deep learning at the institutional, faculty, and student levels. In partnership with the Vice President for Student Affairs, the VPTLSS:
- Provides guidance and leadership ensuring the effective, cross-functional delivery of high quality guided learning pathways that advance equitable student learning, transfer and post-graduation outcomes;
- Provides guidance and leadership related to the ongoing cultivation of teaching talent;
- Provides vision and direction in goal setting, planning, administering and evaluating guided learning pathways;
- Is responsible for policy and strategy development to advance organizational objectives and the optimal fulfillment of the College’s comprehensive mission.
The VPTLSS models and supports others in nurturing a campus culture and climate where all employees and students, especially those whose identities have historically been marginalized, feel safe, seen, heard, and welcome.
The VPTLSS serves as a leader for long-term planning and lifecycle management of guided learning pathways, ensuring effective teaching and furthering the strategic plan, the academic master plan, and the goals and objectives of the College. This senior leader articulates a clear vision and direction for the future of teaching and learning that advance meaningful, high-quality learning experiences (across a variety of modalities) to prepare students for a fulfilling future.
The Provost and Vice President for Teaching, Learning, and Student Success is responsible for providing direct leadership, management, and supervision of the following functional teams:
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- Dual Enrollment/Early College
- Health, Business, Technology and Science
- Liberal Arts
- Mid-Atlantic Center for Emergency Management & Public Safety