A Celebration of Culinary and Creative Arts
February 25, 2023 • 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Frederick Community College (FCC) Student Center
Thank you to everyone who supported and/or attended the Aspire 2023 Event. It was a rousing success!
Many thanks to the talented students listed below and a faculty member, Anita Thomas, who performed at the event. Student performers received scholarships to FCC in exchange for their performances.
5–6pm, Student Jazz Combo
Anita Thomas, Saxophone (Faculty)
Kristin Thurman, Piano (Music degree-seeking student)
Rob Day, Bass (Non-music degree-seeking student)
Steve Lombardi, Drums (Adult, non-credit student)
6:10–7pm, Student Performers
Tommy Gray, Classical Guitar
- Mauro Giuliani, Sonata in C Major, 1st movement
Molly Carson, voice, accompanied by Kristin Thurman, piano
- Vernon Duke and E. Y. Hamburg, “I Like the Likes of You”
- Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman, “How Could I Ever Know” from the Secret Garden
Kailyn Farmer, voice, accompanied by Kristin Thurman, piano
- Brenda Russell, Allee Willis, and Stephen Bray, “Too Beautiful for Words” from The Color Purple
- Fats Waller, “Mean to Me” from Ain't Misbehavin'
- Charlie Smalls, “Home” from The Wiz
Mylah Kittle, Clarinet and Annabel Burkhart, Piano
- Ralph Vaughn Williams, Six Studies in English Folksong
- I. Adagio “Lovely on the Water”
- II. Andante sostenuto “Spurn Point”
- III. Larghetto “Van Diemen's Land”
- George Gershwin (arr. Michele Mangani), Blues from An American in Paris
Kristin Thurman, Piano
- Claude Debussy, Clair de lune from Suite bergamasque
- Jimmy Van Heusen and Johnny Burke, “Polka Dots and Moonbeams”
The Aspire 2023 event was held in the FCC Student Center. The main event featured scrumptious food and wines, , and musical performances by exceptional student artists. All proceeds from Aspire 2023 will benefit scholarships for students with financial need through the Frederick Community College Foundation.
Financial barriers shouldn’t prohibit students from having the college experience they dream of. With your generous gift, FCC students are able to maintain a challenging course load, spend more time focusing on school, and enjoying the involvement and camaraderie of a full campus experience.
Please consider making a life-changing gift. Your financial support can make a significant difference in the lives of hard-working FCC students, alleviating financial burdens and allowing them to focus on pursuing their dreams. www.frederick.edu/onlinegiving
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 301.846.2438.
Thank you to our Sponsors
|Dave and Kate Bufter
||Carolyn Kimberlin, FCC Board of Trustees Chair
|Larry and Mary Costello
||Gary Fearnow, FCC Board of Trustees
||Tom Lynch, FCC Board of Trustees
||Philip Sewell, FCC Foundation Chair
||Myrna Whitworth, FCC Foundation Board