FCC Celebrates 60th Anniversary at the 2nd Annual FCC Fest on Oct. 7
Frederick Community College is inviting the public to celebrate its 60th anniversary at the second annual FCC Fest on Saturday, October 7, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The free event, held on the main campus, is a way for the College to thank and celebrate the Frederick community and showcase FCC.
“For 60 years, FCC has provided affordable, accessible public higher education,” said President Elizabeth Burmaster. “We look forward to celebrating our anniversary with the Frederick County community.”
This year, FCC Fest will feature a 60s-style block party theme to celebrate the 60th anniversary. The event will include:
- Live music by The Original Moonlighters
- Free food prepared by the FCC Hospitality, Culinary, and Tourism Institute including barbecue pork sliders, vegetarian chili, award-winning potato salad, coleslaw, grilled corn salad, signature whoopie pies, and lemonade
- Family activities including a climbing wall, old-fashioned games and toys, a selfie station with 60s-style photo cut-outs, face painting, and more
- A cool car cruise-in (all owners of historic and unique vehicles are invited to participate)
- Free samples from Rita’s Italian Ice from noon to 2 p.m.
- Campus tours
- Informational booths for alumni and our Academic Affairs and Continuing Education & Workforce Development programs
Activities will take place in front of Linganore Hall.
FCC Fest is planned to be an outdoor event, but activities will be moved to the Athletics Center in the event of inclement weather.
To view the Facebook event page, click here
For more information, please contact Mike Pritchard