A variety of online resources are available for students and alumni to start exploring a career direction, research majors and careers, begin a job search, and find out about recruiting events at FCC.
Consider placing some of these tools in your syllabus or Blackboard site as helpful resources.
- College Central Network: Career Document Library and Job Search Kit – FCC’s career portal for career and job search resources, as well as job and internship openings.
- – FCC’s comprehensive, online career platform that will help: a.) identify interests, skills, values, personality, and leisure activities; b.) choose a major; c.) explore occupations; and d.) make informed career decisions.
- Library Resource Guide – Resources to help students find, explore, and research a career as well as prepare for the job search.
- Career Services – A variety of resources compiled by career advisors. Refer students for career advising, major exploration, and job search assistance.
- Calendar of Events – A comprehensive calendar of career and recruiting events can be found on College Central Network, as well as the FCC calendar site.
Request a Presentation or Workshop
Career advisors are available to facilitate workshops and presentations in your classroom upon request with prior scheduling. Employers are also interested in presenting on various topics. Topics may include:
- What Can I Do with My Major? Considering options and researching careers
- Crafting Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Navigating the Interview: Strategies for getting across your best self
- Effective Job Search Methods
- Developing a LinkedIn profile and use in networking
We are also able to customize presentations to the needs of your students.
Request a collaboration on a career or recruiting event for your department
We believe that through partnership and collaboration we are able to facilitate positive outcomes for our students.
- Request a meeting to discuss your vision and needs with regard to student professional development and recruitment
- Career Services can provide program planning and coordination, recruitment of employers, and marketing assistance
Refer students and alumni
Refer students and alumni to take advantage of the career services available to them as a student and as a graduate of FCC.
- Individual career advising and job search assistance
- Assistance with career and major exploration and decision making
- On campus recruitment with employers during the fall and spring semesters
- Career Fairs and networking events with employers
- Resume assistance, LinkedIn coaching, and interviewing strategies
- The art of networking
Refer employers and alumni
Refer employers and alumni for their recruitment needs. We will work with organizations to facilitate:
- Recruitment days at FCC
- Advertising their internship and employment opportunities
- Connections with students through customized industry specific programming and networking events
- Serving as a subject matter expert in their field
- Additional ways to connect with the College