Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to Frederick Community College. This application is for student admission to register for credit courses for new students, re-admit students, dual enrollment students, open-campus students, and transfer students.
Please note, if you were a Dual Enrollment student with FCC previously and have now graduated from high school, you will need to complete this application for freshman admission.
If you recently submitted an online application and you have forgotten your student ID number, please contact Admissions at (301) 624-2716.
If you are already a student and you want to change your major, do not complete this online application, you should follow the process for changing your major and complete the Change of Major Form. Once you have obtained approval and signature from an Advisor or Program Manager, submit the form to the Welcome Desk in the Enrollment Center (Jefferson Hall, 1st floor).
Applicant Name Section:
Please use your full given name - NO nicknames. This is the name that will be used on all FCC documents. For example: Polly Penelope Purple Black. First name = Polly, Middle Initial = P., Last Name = Purple Black.
General Information Section:
As an open-admission institution, Frederick Community College grants admission to all students regardless of citizenship status. If you are a US Citizen, a permanent resident, and/or a temporary working resident with a Social Security Number (SSN), you will be asked for your SSN while completing the application.
Current Address Section:
Let us know the amount of time that you personally have lived at your address. Residency is determined at the time the application is submitted. Please note that if you have been at your current address for less than three months, your tuition (in-county, out-of-county, or out-of-state) will be calculated based on your previous address. Documentation showing the three month residency requirement must be submitted prior to the last day to add for the first session for which the student is enrolled in order to be changed for that session. Acceptable forms of proof are:
- Substantially uninterrupted physical presence, including the months when the student is not in attendance at the college, as evidenced by ownership or rental of living quarters in which the student resides. (12-month lease or mortgage)
- Payment of Maryland state and local income taxes. (MD 502 Tax Form)
- Registration to vote in Frederick County and/or the state. (Voters Registration Card)
- Registration of a motor vehicle in the state, with a local address specified, if the person owns such a vehicle. (Motor Vehicle Registration Card)
- Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license, with a local address specified, if the person is licensed anywhere to drive a motor vehicle, or a valid Maryland MVA-issued ID. (Driver's license or MVA issued ID card)
- Active duty military personnel, honorably discharged veterans, spouses and dependents who reside, are stationed, or domiciled in Maryland are exempt from the 3-month requirement and are considered in-county once proof is shown. (Military orders, letter from Education Officer, DD214 and any of the residency factors listed above).
The College’s official version of the Residency Policy & Procedures is on its website (www.frederick.edu) and may be revised annually.
As an open-admission institution, Fredrick Community College grants admission to all students regardless of citizenship status. If you select “Non US Citizen” on the admissions application, your tuition rate will be designated as out-of-state by default, but you may be eligible for a reduced tuition rate. Please refer to the Residency Policy and Procedures at frederick.edu/residency for more information. If you are eligible, you will need to present your Permanent Resident card or visa to the Records and Registration office prior to the last day to add for the first session for which you are enrolled in order for your tuition rate to be changed for that session.
Name & Address
Citizenship & Ethnic Background
Validation and Signature
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.