Welcome to the new student orientation website!
All new students planning to attend FCC for their first college experience* will participate in the ROAR program.
*Note: If you will be a high school student (non-graduate) during the 2020-2021 school year, you will not participate in ROAR until after you graduate. If you will be a high school student, and will be taking FCC classes on our campus or taking FCC classes on your high school campus, FCC's Dual Enrollment program will allow you to earn your high school diploma and college credits simultaneously.
To make sure you are ready to ROAR… you must do the following:
Apply for Admissions
- If you have not applied yet, apply now for admission.
- If you were previously a dual enrollment or open campus student, please reapply as a degree seeking student.
Take Placement Tests
Log into FCC Student Accounts
- Go to myFCC Student Portal and select Reset Password
- To reset password, use full myFCC email address (and not your User ID number– as is instructed on the page). The full myFCC email address (first initial + last name + last 3 digits of student ID email@example.com for ex. Joe Smith would be firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once password is reset, students will still use the WstudentID number when logging into Peoplesoft, Outlook email, and Blackboard.
- Log into Outlook email and PeopleSoft located in the myFCC Student Portal.
Do you need help to clarify and explore majors & careers?
Take the FOCUS2 Career online assessment
- Identify your skills, interests, values, personality, and leisure activities and find majors and careers that are a good fit. Choose a major, explore major programs of study and learn about what you can do with your major.
- Access FCC’s Focus2Career portal. Learn more about how it works.
- Create a new account using your myFCC email address and complete the registration form. Use the Access Code: cougar
- If you would like to discuss your results and action steps, make a career advising appointment.
Complete the ROAR Orientation
- Review the ROAR advising resources prior to your appointment.
- Book your ROAR appointment for advising and registration with one of the following offices.
- Counseling and Advising
- New students to college and previously dual enrolled students should schedule their ROAR appointment with Counseling and Advising.
- Adult Services
- If you are a single parent or single pregnant woman (of any age), an out of workforce, low-income, or homeless adult over 24, or a graduate of the FCC Adult Education GED program, schedule your ROAR appointment with the Office of Adult Services.
- Multicultural Student Services
- Students who identify as any of the following; Multicultural/Multi-ethnic, first generation college students, LGBTQIAA+, immigrant students or students who come from diverse backgrounds may schedule their ROAR appointment with an advisor in the Office of Multicultural Student Services. You may also email us at MSS@Frederick.edu for academic advising and support services.
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Students with disabilities, including those who have previously had a 504 Plan or IEP, may contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office directly at DisabilityServices@frederick.edu or 301-846-2408 (leave a message) to schedule a ROAR appointment for academic advising and eligibility determination of disability services/accommodations.
- Veteran and Military Services
- Students that will be using Veteran or Military Educational Benefits should schedule their ROAR appointment with an advisor in the Veteran and Military Services department.
- After booking, monitor your FCC Email for important ROAR appointment information.