Business Plan Contest
The FCC Business Plan Contest is open to any current FCC student enrolled in one or more credit or non-credit classes during the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Interested students with a business idea will develop a complete business plan that will be evaluated by a panel of area business leaders. Similar to the popular television show, “Shark Tank,” the contest will culminate in presentations to those business leaders who will choose the winning business plans. Winning students will receive scholarships that may be used at FCC or a transfer college. Scholarship prizes are not transferable to other persons.
- First place is a $XXXX scholarship
- Second place is a $XXXX scholarship
- Third place is a $XXXX scholarship
Students who wish to enter the contest should complete the online application
by March 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m. The plan should be submitted
on or before April 17, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Early submission is encouraged. Finalists will be notified by April 24, 2020. The final presentations will be on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 1:00PM-2:30PM, in the FCC Student Center, Room H202/203.
Interested in finding out more?
Students are encouraged to contact Professors Larry Devan
, Rick Dillon
, Thomas Mazerski
with questions regarding their business plans.
Instructions for Submitting Your Business Plan
Business Plan Contest Rules
Business Plan Contest Instructions
Financial Plan Example
2020 Contest Committee Members:
- Provide a cover page with the name of the proposed business and person(s) submitting the business plan.
- The plan must follow the Written Business Plan Outline and Headings provided in the instructions (see link below).
- All materials must be prepared in at least 11 point font.
- PowerPoint presentations are not permitted. However, other visuals, such as posters or product samples, etc. may be utilized in the final presentation.
- All materials must be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
- The Business Plan and Attachments must be scanned and submitted as one PDF file. The file name must include the name of the student and FCC business plan contest – example - john davis business plan contest. The PDF file must also be emailed to email@example.com. Contact same email if you need assistance with scanning the document.
- The plan must be submitted on or before April 17, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. Early submission is encouraged.
Charles “Rick” Dillon
Doree Lynn Miles
Karen A. Wilson