HCTI Mission, Goals & Outcomes
Mission, Goals, Outcomes, relationship to the Colleges strategic plan
Supporting the mission of Frederick Community College, the Hospitality, Culinary & Tourism Institute’s programs are designed to: provide students with a strong culinary management foundation and practical skills necessary to succeed in the food service and hospitality industry and/or pursue higher education at a four-year college or university.
1. Provide comprehensive culinary curricula endorsed by industry leaders.
2. Provide culinary students with a broad liberal arts core curricula for personal success.
3. Recruit, develop, and retain talented faculty with appropriate credentials, education and experience.
4. Establish industry partnerships in the local and global community that will reinforce our curricula by providing opportunities for our students and graduates to continue to learn and grow.
5. Achieve and be accountable for the success of each student through a continuous improvement process.
6. Enhance access, flexibility, and responsiveness to meet the changing educational needs of the students and the community.
7. Provide the physical resources and skills necessary to allow students, faculty, and staff to function effectively in a technologically driven world.
8. Promote an organizational culture that values the individual, fosters diversity, and encourages creativity.
9. Continuously improve programs and services while aggressively seeking and effectively managing human, financial, physical, and technological resources