Frederick Community College Resources
In an emergency – if you think you observe an overdose:
1. Call 911
2. Call Campus Safety & Security from any campus phone (4444)
FCC has staff and faculty members trained and certified in the administration of NARCAN® (naloxone HCI). NARCAN® is used to temporarily counteract the life-threatening effects of opioid overdoses.
ATODA Brochure (Alcohol, Tobacco, Opioid, and Other Drug Use and Awareness)
Speak with a licensed professional at Frederick Community College to be connected with helpful resources in the community.
Kathy Manwiller, M.S.W. LCSW-C • Email • 301.624.2757
Counseling & Advising Office • 301.846.2471
Frederick Regional Health System • 240.566.3300
Provides a comprehensive list of available treatment resources for addiction and recovery.
24-Hour Frederick County Hotline • 301.662.2255
Seek guidance of what you can do if you have concerns about a friend or family member who may be using drugs.
24-Hour Alcohol Hotline • 1.800.Alcohol
- Get the poison out of the body
- Stabilize from withdrawal
- Acute, inpatient medical process in a hospital on a medical floor
- Learn to live without the substances
- Life skills
- Communication Skills
- Hygiene and self-care
- 14-45 day residential program
Sober Living / Half-way House
- Transition into an independent, substance-free life