You may be eligible for aid to pay for your educational expenses if you enroll during the Summer semester. The summer semester is considered a “trailer” to the standard academic year. This means that summer acts as a third semester of the current award year. As a result, you will only have remaining federal aid for the summer term if you have not exhausted your aid eligibility for the current Award Year. Eligibility is based on your 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Pell Grants are available in some cases. You do not need to request your summer Pell funding from our office. Our office will award you the maximum Pell Grant for which you are eligible, based on your enrollment and your prior awards.
- Federal student loans are available if you did not borrow your full annual loan limit during the fall and spring semesters.
- You must complete outstanding items on your PeopleSoft To Do List. Processing of financial aid verification documents can take up to 4 weeks to complete, so it’s best to get started as early as possible.
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) or have an approved appeal and be placed on probation for the summer semester.
- You must be enrolled in courses required for your program of study at FCC.
- If you were enrolled Full-time (12+ credits) during the Fall and during the Spring semesters, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6+ credits) during the summer to be considered for summer aid.
- If you wish to borrow student loans during the summer please email [email protected] to request a review of your eligibility.
The final deadline to submit paperwork for the summer is July 12, 2024. Please note that the FAFSA for 2023-2024 must be completed prior to June 30, 2024.