The FCC Testing Center provides professional assessment services designed to enhance student learning, promote academic success, and support the diverse educational goals of all Frederick County residents. Our department is committed to providing all of our students, faculty, and community members with exceptional customer service while maintaining a learning environment which supports academic integrity and rigor.
This fall, Frederick Community College (FCC) now offers 3 free options for students to complete placement testing online. Complete your testing free and online now to proceed towards enrolling for fall classes.
Steps To Complete Free Online Placement Tests:
Option A: For Students with a Mac or PC testing virtually
- Student who do not have a Mac or PC device and webcam with microphone, please use option B or C for your placement testing.
- Students should check their email for an Examity® voucher, or request one using the Test Voucher Request Form.
- Students should ensure the voucher lists all of the placement tests they need to take. Changes to the voucher can be requested by submitting the Test Voucher Request Form.
- Students follow the instructions for creating an Examity® account and scheduling an appointment.
- Students use Examity® software to complete a virtual online test. FCC covers this cost!
- Students complete testing, results are sent to FCC automatically and make an appointment with an advisor.
*Appointments are currently full, choose option A or C or email email@example.com to request accommodations.
Option B: For Chromebook and all other device users testing virtually
Students review requirements for Virtual Proctoring for Placement (VPP).
- Students schedule an ACCUPLACER test appointment.
- Students then receive a voucher code and Zoom meeting invitation with test appointment details at least 15 minutes before the appointment.
- Students complete the test online with a FCC staff member through Zoom software.
Can’t test virtually? Come to campus for safe testing! NO WALK-INS, PLEASE!
Let’s keep our campus safe and healthy!
Option C: *NEW* Placement testing August 1-22 on campus
Learn more about what to do on test day
- Students make an appointment right away!
- Students review the Guidelines for In-Person Testing Center Services During COVID-19 at www.frederick.edu/testing
- Follow the Guidelines when you arrive on campus and please do not forget to bring your photo ID.
Students may be exempt from placement testing and should review before scheduling Option A or Option B online appointments. There are some exemptions for testing that you may meet. Testing exemptions can be found on our popular Study Guide. If you have exemptions, please send them to the Registration Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or assistance, please contact the FCC Testing Center at email@example.com.
Testing Center: Code of Conduct
All test candidates and visitors are expected to follow the FCC Code of Student Conduct, which includes guidelines on Academic Integrity as well as the regulations established by the National College Testing Association.