YOU LEAD. THEY WILL FOLLOW.
Parents Lead is a Frederick Community College program providing assistance to parents in the pursuit of a college degree.
Designed especially for financially-eligible parents, the program provides specialized curriculum and advising services as well as FCC Foundation scholarships for childcare while parents attend classes, or for other costs associated with child rearing.
This cohort-based program is a combination of online and on-campus classes. Additional financial aid is available to assist eligible students with tuition and fees.
Inspire your children to pursue an education by earning a degree at FCC. The value of an education lasts for generations.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Parents Lead. Please click on our printable FAST FACTS ABOUT PARENTS LEAD for a comprehensive explanation of our program.
Qualified applicants will be asked and required to:
- Schedule and attend an intake appointment with Parents Lead advisor Janice Brown.
- Verify primary care giver responsibilities for one or more children 17 years of age or younger
- Demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applicants who are not eligible to complete the FAFSA will be provided an alternative way to demonstrate financial need.
- Apply to Frederick Community College
- Provide documentation of appropriate placement level in English (ENGL75 or higher) and math (MATH120A or higher).
- Enroll in up to three Parents Lead support courses each semester for five consecutive semesters (including one course in summer session)
- Attend the Parents Lead supported sections of classes held at FCC one day or evening a week. (Completion of additional online coursework is also required.)
Those accepted into the program will be required to achieve a semester Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher in order to remain eligible for the program and scholarship.
Parents Lead is a student-focused program designed to assist financially eligible parents while they pursue educational goals at FCC.
- Coursework is delivered through a combination of classroom and online learning.
- On campus classes take place one day (Thursday) or evening (Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday) a week.
- Curriculum options permit students to either complete general education requirements to progress into a general studies degree program or select an alternate degree or certificate program.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
As a cohort (learning community), this educational program delivers specialized curriculum and personalized advising assistance from FCC Learning Support staff, including Adult Services and Financial Aid. Scholarship and Emergency Aid services are provided by the FCC Foundation.
Selected participants will receive a scholarship for childcare while parents attend classes, or for other costs associated with child rearing. Parents Lead scholarships are provided by the FCC Foundation. Additional financial aid is available to assist eligible students with course tuition, fees and additional expenses such as textbooks. Please visit FCC Financial Aid to learn more.
PARENTS LEAD APPLICATION PROCESS
Complete the Parents Lead Application to get started. All applicants will receive an email with instruction on how to schedule a Parents Lead intake appointment with the Office of Adult Services.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FCC Testing Center