What is a success coach?
A dedicated Student Success Programs staff member who will meet with you individually to help with the following:
- Building academic success skills
- Navigating the college environment
- Providing accountability to help you stay on track for success
- Connecting you with on-campus and community resources to meet your specific needs
A success coach is different than an advisor! An advisor will help you understand topics such as building a class schedule, class registration, degree requirements, the academic catalog, and other critical academic policies to help you stay on track as you progress toward your degree.
How can a success coach support me?
- Organization and planning
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Connecting with on-campus and community resources
- Balancing many commitments
- Communicating with professors
- Note-taking and test-taking strategies
- Study skills and techniques
- Navigating barriers to your success
How often will I meet with a success coach?
Depending on what you need, it could be a one-time meeting or on-going, consistent meetings.