Welcome to FCC Veteran and Military Services (VMS). We are excited to work with you as you pursue your educational and career goals.
- Schedule an intake appointment with our office.
- If you have already applied for a VA Educational Benefit and have a Certificate of Eligibility or a Vocational Rehab form 1905, please bring it to your Intake Appointment.
- Please bring a copy of your DD214 (Service 2 or Member 4).
- All veterans planning to use VA Educational Benefits must have their official military transcripts and any prior college transcripts submitted to the Records and Registration Center for evaluation of transferrable credit. FCC will accept up to 45 credits in military and other transfer credits toward an FCC program of study. Official military transcript requests may be made via the following links:
- Attend the Veteran and Military Services Orientation program for new students. (Details will be provided at your intake appointment.)
VMS staff provide academic advising services to our student veterans. We will work with you to identify your academic and career goals and assist you in developing a plan to meet those goals. If you have already completed an intake appointment with us, schedule an Advising Appointment with our office to develop a plan and to register for your classes.
Paying for College
As student veteran, you may have several options to consider for financing your education. The VMS staff will discuss the various options with you during your appointment.
- VA Educational Benefits: FCC is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) for the training of eligible veterans, their dependents, and active duty personnel. FCC may certify enrollment to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for approved programs of study. If you are unsure which type of VA education benefit you qualify for, you may contact the VA Call Center by phone at 1.888.442.4551 or visit the VA website. You will need to provide your social security number when you make the call.
- Military Corps Career Connect (C3): Military Corps Career Connect, better known as C3, is Maryland-wide initiative focused on building career success for transitioning active duty service members, active duty spouses, and recently separated veterans. Veterans who separated with an other than dishonorable discharge (not retired) from the military within the last 48 months may qualify. C3 provides funding for short-term career based programs. Meet with an FCC VMS advisor to discuss options.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: Veterans may apply for local, state, and federal aid options including scholarships, grants, work-study positions, and student loans. The FCC Financial Aid staff are available to discuss options.
Veterans may be eligible for Priority Registration. Those eligible for Priority Registration include Active duty, Reservists, and National Guard members and veterans who have received an honorable discharge or a certificate of satisfactory completion of military service (eligibility applies only within 15 years after last active duty date). To participate in Priority Registration, students must provide documentation of their service. Veterans may provide a copy of their DD214 showing an honorable discharge or a certificate of satisfactory completion.
Application for Priority Registration
In-State Tuition Rate
Please refer to the FCC Residency Policy for information regarding tuition and fees for veterans, military members, and dependents.
Veterans/Reservist/National Guard and Active Duty Military graduates should contact VMS (Annapolis Hall, A109) to request the Military Cord for the Commencement ceremony. See the Commencement page for other important reminders.