The Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship
Award: $2,500 Deadline: June 30th
Chairish is committed to helping college students achieve their dreams. If you are overcoming obstacles to earn a college degree, we want to hear from you! Students from all majors are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to applicants pursuing design and engineering- related fields. Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply:
*Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
* Open to graduating high school seniors, college undergraduates, and graduate students.
* Must be enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited two-year, four-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
* This scholarship is open to students from all underrepresented backgrounds. Examples of ideal applicants include, but are not limited to, students from racial minorities typically underrepresented in higher education, first generation college students, women pursuing a degree in a STEM or typically male-dominated industries, students with disabilities, and or similar situations.
Apply here: https://www.chairish.com/pages/scholarship-application-design-your-future
The Peg & Orley Bourland Educational Assistance Fund
This scholarship is to provide financially need-based funds for post-secondary education in trade, vocational or technical fields to help defray the costs associated with tuition, fees, testing, tutoring, trade tools and supplies, etc.
- Must be a resident of Walkersville feeder school areas
- Must describe their financial need, career goals, and specify how the funds will be used
- Must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary educational program
- Preference is given to applicants who are pursuing vocational, technical and skilled trade fields
The award(s) can be any amount needed, but will not exceed $1,000 per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Applications are due a minimum of 30 days prior to when the funds need to be paid and students may find more information and download the application by visiting http://www.gladevalley.org/
The DE-DC-MD Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators has established a scholarship fund that will award three $1,000 scholarships to students who attend an eligible institution within each geographic area.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Attend an eligible DE-DC-MD institution during the July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 academic year. An eligible institution is defined as an institution with at least one member with an active membership with the DE-DC-MD ASFAA during 2020-2021.
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the FAFSA and the institution
- Possess the following GPA and standing
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 or the equivalent
- At least a second year standing (as defined by your institution) prior to the start of the 2021-2022 academic year
- Enroll as a full time student as defined by your institution
- Submit the completed application and all required documents (essay and letter of recommendation) to your Financial Aid Office. Completed application packets can be submitted to Shelby Metzgar via email at [email protected].
The application and additional information can be found here: https://dedcmdasfaa.org/Scholarships