YOU LEAD. THEY WILL FOLLOW.
Parents Lead is a new Frederick Community College program providing assistance to parents in the pursuit of a college degree.
Designed especially for financially-eligible parents, the program provides specialized curriculum and advising services as well as funding to offset the costs of childcare while parents attend evening classes.
This cohort-based program is a combination of online and on-campus classes and can be completed in as few as five semesters. Additional financial aid is available to assist eligible students with tuition and fees.
Inspire your children to pursue an education by earning a degree at FCC. The value of an education lasts for generations.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Parents Lead. Please click on our printable FAST FACTS ABOUT PARENTS LEAD
for a comprehensive explanation of our program.
Qualified applicants will be asked and required to:
Following acceptance into the program, participants will need to maintain a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher throughout the program in order to remain eligible through completion.
Parents Lead is a student-focused program designed to assist financially-eligible parents while they pursue educational goals at FCC.
- Initial coursework is delivered through a combination of classroom and online learning.
- On campus classes take place one day (Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) or evening (Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from 6:00-9:15 p.m.) a week.
- Curriculum options permit students to either complete general education requirements to progress into a general studies degree program, or select an alternate pathway of learning.
- Learning is designed primarily for those students seeking an A.A. in General Studies while also assisting those transferring into alternate degree and certificate programs
- Full-time enrollment is encouraged, but not required following the first semester
Student Support Services
As a cohort (learning community), this educational program delivers specialized curriculum and personalized advising assistance from FCC learning support and adult services staff. Scholarship and Emergency Aid services are provided by the FCC Foundation
Selected participants will receive a scholarship to offset the cost of childcare while they are attending on-campus classes at FCC. Additional financial aid is available to assist eligible students with course tuition, fees and additional expenses such as textbooks. Please visit FCC Financial Aid
to learn more
Parents Lead Application Process
Complete the Parents Lead Application
to get started. All applicants will receive a response regarding acceptance into the program from our office.
For additional information, review our Fast Facts for Applicants
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FCC Testing Center