You lead. They will follow.
Parents Lead is a cohort-based program that assists parents in pursuing a degree at Frederick Community College. Parents Lead provides a specialized curriculum and wraparound services for parents attending classes at FCC. Active students in the program are eligible to receive scholarships to assist with tuition, books, and childcare expenses and have priority access to select online and on-campus courses.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Parents Lead.
Any incoming or current FCC student who is the primary caregiver to one or more children 17 years of age or younger and can demonstrate financial need is eligible to apply for Parents Lead. Before submitting an application, applicants must do the following:
After submitting the application, qualified applicants must sign up for an initial 30-minute conversation with a program staff member to complete the acceptance process.
- Attend the Parents Lead supported sections of classes held at FCC on Monday evenings.
- Enroll in up to three Parents Lead support courses for up to five consecutive semesters (including one course in the summer session).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- Schedule and meet monthly with a dedicated program staff member.
- Engage in Parents Lead and/or Student Success Program virtual or on-campus activities.
Parents Lead is a student-focused program designed to assist financially eligible parents while they pursue educational goals at FCC.
- Coursework is delivered through a combination of classroom and online learning.
- On campus classes generally meet on Monday evenings.
- Curriculum options permit students to either complete general education requirements to progress into a general studies degree program or select an alternate degree program.
Student Support Services
As a cohort (learning community), this educational program delivers specialized curriculum and personalized coaching assistance from FCC Student Affairs staff, including Student Success Programs and Financial Aid. Scholarship is provided by the FCC Foundation.
Student Success/Retention Specialist
Coordinator for Parents Lead program
Annapolis Hall, A-103C
Schedule Appointment (should be a button)
Selected participants will receive a scholarship for childcare while parents attend classes, or for other costs associated with childcare. Parents Lead scholarships are provided by the FCC Foundation. Additional financial aid is available to assist eligible students with course tuition, fees, and additional expenses such as textbooks. Please visit FCC Financial Aid.
Parents Lead Application Process
Complete the Parents Lead Application to get started. All applicants will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule a Parents Lead intake appointment with the Office of Student Success Programs.